Saturday, March 3, 2007

Cool New Sounds...

Alright...the music is back...without further delay, here are some tracks that have been getting a lot of play on my Ipod recently...there should be a little something for everyone here...

Muslces - Ice Cream (this track strikes me as the love-child of TV on the Radio and Bloc Party...i can see myself playing this one in the summer with the sunroof open...great stuff)

The Harlem Shakes - A Night (i've already posted a track by these guys...I love their energy...seemingly a cross between the Arctic Monkeys and the Libertines, albeit a bit more poppy)

Battles - Atlas (here's a mp3 version of the video I posted yesterday...I love the musicianship on this track)

Bears - You Can Tell (the soundtrack to the next Zach Braff movie anyone?? Very Shins-esque)

Pela - The Trouble With River Cities (on the topic of music that could accompany the visual medium of television, here's a track that I could definitely see appearing on an upcoming episode of Grey's Anatomy)

Cuckoo Canoe - Aderol (the progeny of the Strokes and Tokyo Police Club...love the guitar work and intensity of this track)

Wolf Parade - I'll Believe in Anything (one of my favourite new bands, this song was by far and away the best track of 2005 for me...cannot wait for their debut disc later on this year...the song really takes off at the 2:22 mark...stunning...I wish more music was this epic)

My Teenage Stride - To Live and Die In The Airport Lounge (for those who like the Smiths and the Cure, this band is for you)

Black Bear - I Believe In Immediacy (I just love this track...this guy is pretty talented...the lyrics in this song are brilliant and the instrumentation accompanies them extremely well)

And what the hell...here are two more new Kings of Leon tracks from their new album, Because of the Times...be sure to get it when it comes out...

McFearless

True Love Way (I heart this effin song!)

Ok...enough for today...i'll try to be a little more regualr in the coming weeks...be safe.

No comments: